Re: [WriteLog] Install problem with Win XP and WL1059

To: PPCROSS@aol.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Install problem with Win XP and WL1059
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 13:49:38 EDT

In a message dated 6/3/2006 12:51:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
PPCROSS@aol.com writes:

I have  Win XP updated on a single computer and I updated the Windows
installer to V.2 of Windows Installer 3.1 . I still get a Windows  Installer
message
that "The installation package cannot be opened .  "
Any help would be appreciated .  W0SA / 8P9NX    _ppcross@aol.com_
(mailto:ppcross@aol.com)

I don't know if this will solve your problem, but I have found with  recent
WL updates, I must download the WL update file directly to the Windows
desktop, and unzip it from the desktop in order for the install to  work.   Try
that.

73, George, K5KG