Re: [WriteLog] Sound Card Setup for CW

To: "'W7RY'" <w7ry@centurytel.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Sound Card Setup for CW
From: "Kevin der Kinderen" <kevin@kj4qf.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 18:11:08 +0000
It is a fairly common practice to use audio for sending CW in USB mode. I
was surprised when I first heard about it too. I understand now that WL
doesn't support it - but many other programs do.

The advantage of using soundcard generated audio is that I can click on a
signal trace on the waterfall (in MixW for instance) and start transmitting
right on his freq without touching the VFO. Sure makes life easier when I'm
trying to work a few signals in a 3 KHz bandwidth - especially with a rig
that it not computer controlled.

There are disadvantages of course - such as most older rigs don't let you
use the narrow CW filter in the SSB modes.

Kevin - K4VD

Kevin der Kinderen
http://kj4qf.net/