Re: [WriteLog] WL S&P plus CQ modes?

To: writelog@contesting.com, Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL S&P plus CQ modes?
From: np2w@paradise.vi
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 16:46:37 -0700

 You wrote:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [WriteLog] WL S&P plus CQ modes?
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Tue, July 05, 2005 2:43 pm
To: writelog@contesting.com

The $64,000 question today is:

Is there a nifty trick to get WL to mimic S&P plus CQ modes as with TR,
etc. (maybe via the .ini file) ???

For the NA Sprint format on CW:

1.  In CQ mode...

     A. On the 1st ENTER key press, to send the other station's call, my

call, QSO#, my name, my QTH
     B. On the 2nd ENTER key press, to send only "R" and log the QSO

2.  In S&P mode: On the only ENTER key press, to send the other
station's
call, QSO#, my name, my QTH, my call and log the QSO.

If there is not currently way to distinguish between CQ mode and S&P
mode
on-screen, please make this a "Wish List" item.

Tnx much & 73...

Rick, K6VVA

So, here is my 2 cents worth:

We have been using Writelog for some time here as KP2D, primarily for
RTTY contesting but also for the occassional SSB +/or CW contest.

You can organize your CW/RTTY/SSB messages anyway you want. There are
more Fkey and Shift-Fkey positions than we can use. Thoughtful
construction will give you both a S&P and CQ configuration as well as
other functions.

Then to make the whole operation virtually point and click ( you can
eliminate the need for a keyboard) get "FKeys" . This is a sweet
program that lets you create a window with labelled buttons to call not
only your configured Fkeys from Writelog but also all menu items and
macros.

This makes Writelog a point and click wonder. It has increased the
number of competent contest operators our club can call on and it has
made our contesting faster and more enjoyable.

Good Luck!

Bernie McDonnell
NP2W