[WriteLog] FOC Marathon Module

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] FOC Marathon Module
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:07:14 -0600
Thanks Chris, I've included Burt and Buddy on this reply and hopefully
they'll get it in time for the contest.  I'm pretty sure that Burt will be
using WinFOC since he wrote it, but Buddy is interested in the radio keying
and such in Writelog, so he wants to use that.  I was of the understanding
that it required Call, Name and FOC #, but if the fields are correct, that
is excellent!  Thanks again and Steve, if you're reading, please disregard
the email.

Charlie
KI5XP

Charlie, Steve's module is correct and doesn't need any modification. RST
and membership number are all that is required in the exchange and all that
need to be logged. I used it last year and it worked perfectly. Over the
years it has become customary to include the name of the person being worked
when you make contact, (eg if I was working you I might send KI5XP Charlie
599 1417) but this is not obligatory and indeed some of the more competitive
members do not. It is therefore not necessary and indeed a waste of time to
actually record the name in your log. An FOC master database has been
created and provides a useful reminder if you wish to include the name when
sending the exchange. I suspect I have tried to explain all this to your
friend, obviously without success! Chris G3SJJ