[WriteLog] RE: WRITELOG AND DELL INSPIRON 1150 NOTEBOOK

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: WRITELOG AND DELL INSPIRON 1150 NOTEBOOK
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:13:30 -0800
John, ZL1BHQ wrote:

=======
I have recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1150 2.6ghz with USB Comm Ports only.
At that time I acquired a USB Multifunction Hub that allows for Serial and LPT
access to the Notebook. I am able to poll a Rockwell 56k modem and print from
the LPT port, but am unable have the rig (a FT1K Field) handshake with the
Inspiron in Writelog mode.
=======

I don't know if this will help, but some kind WL souls help me solve a handshake problem several months ago when I hooked up a USB/Serial port widget. It turned out that I did NOT have the following show up in my writelog.ini file. Once manually placed and the correct serial port selected, "Bingo!" I was specifically told to end each line with a comma.

[PORTS]
COM1:=4800,n,8,1,
COM2:=4800,n,8,1,
COM3:=4800,n,8,1,