Re: [WriteLog] Xp to Xp networking - Rush Help Needed

To: "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Xp to Xp networking - Rush Help Needed
From: "Alan Marshall" <acm@ultranet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:12:35 -0400
Jere,

First things first!   Your network can NOT be working properly.  The
following is necessary first:

1. If a direct connection between the two computers is used you MUST use a
cross-over ethernet cable.

2. For fixed IP addressing the right combination must be used, eg.
10.10.10.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 will work.  The same subnet mask must
be used on computer two with address: 10.10.10.2.

3. Fresh boot each pc after those changes are made and then make sure you
can still share files with each other.

When those conditions are made you should be able to work on the Writelog
part of the problem.  I suspect it will work properly very quickly at that
point.

 Hope this helps!

Alan Marshall, W1CCE@arrl.net