Re: [WriteLog] FT1000MP + Rigblaster Plus

To: rcooke@g3ldi.freeserve.co.uk
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FT1000MP + Rigblaster Plus
From: John Bastin <jbastin@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:52:20 -0400
On Apr 6, 2004, at 2:59 PM, Roger Cooke wrote:

I have used the Rigblaster Plus on RTTY in both the AFSK and FSK modes. I have also used it on CW in a few contests. However, since running it in the FSK mode for RTTY I cannot now use it on CW. This seems weird to me, and I have spent a few hours trying the various permutations of the software set-up and the jumpers inside the Rigblaster, all to no avail.

Did you change any jumpers in the RigBlaster when you went from using it on CW to using it on RTTY?

If anybody has a similar configuration, and has managed to set it all up in such a way that ONLY a mode change on the transceiver is required, I would like to hear how you did it!

When I set up the RigBlaster Plus with my MP to run both CW and RTTY (FSK), I found that I had to drill a hole in the side of the RigBlaster to install another switch to switch one of the jumpers in and out (I think it was DTR on Key, but I don't remember for sure and I'm at the office right now and the RB is at home). There's one mode that requires one jumper, and one mode that requires another. One of the modes doesn't care if both jumpers are installed, but the other one balks. When I get a look at the manual I can give you more accurate details.

I do also use
an external MM3 keyer to insert comments within a contest. Having
connected the FSK keying lead
from the RB to the MP, I hope to be able to use CW via the Com port,
to save changing leads and
I also must be able to use the narrow filters for both modes.

I don't have any problem with COM port CW in WriteLog using this setup, and I can use any filters I want for either mode.

73,

J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
           jbastin@sssnet.com
         http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs