[WriteLog] Need help on RTTY lockout problem Icom vs. Kenwood

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Need help on RTTY lockout problem Icom vs. Kenwood
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 12:34:46 -0600
First time connected as SO2R with the Icom 775 and Kenwood TS-870 on 2 networked
PC's.

With "RTTY Single Tx Lockout - Last one wins" activated on both PC's, when I'm
transmitting on the Icom and key the Kenwood, the Icom does not unkey.

It works going the other way.  If I'm transmitting on the Kenwood and key the
Icom, the Kenwood transmitter unkeys.

I've never had this problem running a pair of Kenwoods.

I'm wondering if the lockout controls the radio PTT and not the COM port.  With
the Icom there is not radio control for PTT and I am having to use PTT from the
same COM port as FSK.

Any have any ideas?  I'm hoping this isn't a bug.

Thanks,
Don AA5AU