Re: [WriteLog] What should change in WriteLog w.r.t. this review?

To: K4SB <k4sb@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] What should change in WriteLog w.r.t. this review?
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 08:33:16 -0800
On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:21:03 +0000, K4SB wrote:

>But in the meantime, all I do is rename the writelog.ini file for each
>mode, then save them in the Windows directory. Should come as no
>surprise that these are RTTY.bak  and CW.bak. Before I start WL up, I
>just copy the the correct file to Windows, and then rename it to
>writelog.ini

Right, that's how I do it too, except I use a batch file to make the
changes.  Here's how I do it:

I have four .ini files in the \windows directory.  They are:

1. writelog.ini   (this is the file which WriteLog actually reads on
startup.

2.  SSB.ini
3.  RTTY.ini
4.  CW.ini

My batch file for RTTY is like this:

copy c:\windows\writelog.rtty c:\windows\writelog.ini

That one command renames the rtty.ini file to writelog.ini and installs
it in place of the original writelog.ini.  I have icons on the desktop
to run the three different batch files.

The batch files for the other modes are similar, substituting filenames
as needed.

The other thing I have to do is, whenever I changed the .ini file which
is in use, is to copy that file over to the original RTTY.ini (or
whatever).

Works like a charm.  But like I said, I would prefer WriteLog to detect
which mode is in use and do the change automatically.

--
73, Bill W6WRT