Re: [WriteLog] Jan vhf

To: kg6giq@antelecom.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Jan vhf
From: "Richard C. Allen" <rca@rcallen.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:13:52 -0600
Thanks, Dennis.

My current vhf contest program lets me just enter .rd to take a rover
to band D or .ra to take him to six meters and so forth.  His call and
grid are copied at the same time.

I was hoping for a way to define a small number of key strokes to
perform the same with writelog.

Regards,
Richard

Dennis J Hoffmeyer wrote:

The easiest way is to run with the super check partial window open.  The
last station worked ends up being shown in this window after the Q is
complete.  Then with you mouse double click on the call and it will populate
the QSO entry window.

Selecting a different band is done by using the Log Frequency button.  Click
on it and it will allow you to enter the frequency and mode to set the radio
to.  Then you can enter in the frequency window 1240M for 1240 and it should
switch to the new band and mode.  Going back is just as easy.   Open the
window again and enter 144200 to jump to the 2M calling freq.  This
information is further explained in the help file under "Setting the Logging
and Duping Frequency".   Hope this helps.

73,
Dennis J Hoffmeyer
KG6GIQ