Re: [WriteLog] SS Probs

To: WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SS Probs
From: Steve <steveac@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:26:47 -0500
I have this problem too. Same frequency and mode symptoms. I don't think it's an RF issue inasmuch as most of the occasions when it occurs is when I'm tuning the receive VFO. I have the Icom IC-PW1 and its relays can heard clacking when WriteLog goes whacky. I suspect something in the WriteLog to Icom communication software is the culprit. I use YPLog for general logging; its data communication with the Icom equipment is rock stable. WriteLog 10.41B, Windows XP.

Steve

K4BEV@aol.com wrote:

Hi,
I'm using an IC-765 with an Icom CT-17 and quite often get really weird frequency readings back to WriteLog.
Although the numbers vary quite a bit they all start with "163". For example I'm on 1850 SSB and suddenly I get 163000 then 163850 then 1633850000. etc. Sometimes the mode reads FM, usually stays on SSB though. The numbers aren't always in the above sequence but are similar.
I have to really pay attention when hitting enter to log a contact, or the wierd freq will be entered into the log.
Anyone else seeing this, or is my old buddy getting ready for the parts bin?

Thanks, Don - K4BEV