[WriteLog] WAE Can't send QTCs to other continents

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WAE Can't send QTCs to other continents
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 23:39:07 -0800
I have been unable to send QTCs in the WAE test. I can receive them just fine. If I hit ALT-S the Send QTC dialogue box comes up showing the 10 QTCs that will be sent. If I click on the QRV button it does what it is supposed to do. Ditto for the QSL button. When I hit the Send QTC button the rig goes into transmit mode and the QTCs get written to the window where all the stuff I send and receive is displayed. However, they don't get transmitted, the Power Out meter shows zero and there is no sound from the MkV Monitor. I plugged an amplified spkr into the soundcard Line Out and the QRV/QSL buttons generate tones but the Send QTC button doesn't. There is a valid, off-the-continent call in the Call window.

This is my 2nd and maybe my 3rd RTTY WAE. Never had this trouble before. I've used the same version of WL in all 3 WAE tests - 10.27G.

Any ideas anyone?

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO