[WriteLog] Multi 2 logging

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Multi 2 logging
From: "John O'Mara" <john.omara@oakmgmt.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:51:03 -0400
We'll be running a Multi Two from my brother Bill's house (W4RM) and
newly

completed one tower station for CQWW Phone (stacked C31XRs, 3 ele 40 and
80

Meter rotatable dipole plus a 4 ele 15 monobander and fullwave 160
loop).  We'll

have two run stations and one other fully operational station that we
will use

to make the allowable number of band changes per hour from each run
radio to

pick up stations if the runs slow down.  The question comes down to
logging.

We'll have three computers running Writelog with each computer having
unique

identifier (No. 1, 2 and 3 probably).  When the run radio has a break
the 3rd

station will make a Q and then the run radio will go back to the run
(counts as

2 band changes).  How does the contest score checkers know the band
change was

from, say 20 meters to 10 meters and back again.  As I understand it,
each run

radio gets a particular number of band changes per hour.  There is no
problem if

only 2 computers are used but the 3rd computer may raise some questions.
Any

thoughts or help would be appreciated.  Thanks, Jack W4NF

You can email me at w4nf@comcast.net  Thanks,

John O'Mara

Vice President

OAK Management, Inc.