[WriteLog] TQP - in state CW mobile

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] TQP - in state CW mobile
From: Mark Tyler <k5gq@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:05:16 GMT
I worked 40 counties in TX QSO party.

I loaded the shift keys with the counties. Tried to remember which was which.
(before I sent.. if not used the keyer to correct it.)

Changing counties did present a problem.. Try riding in a car going down a
country road and trying to use the mouse........ or ESC when the wrong was
entered by mistake..

It would be nice if when I got to a new county:
tab to the field - type the new co use an alt key or ctrl key to change to a
new co. (If the co matched the list it accepted the change, otherwise, list
would show up. Currently, when this screen comes up one types the first letter
and arrows down. For some reason I could not see if the tab key worked. (only
the mouse which was a problem to use)  I did not see the underline under a
character to indicate alt key was availabe. It is nice that the first letter of
the new county is scrolled to when entered. With some co at the end of the
letter it was down a few strokes..
Next item it would be nice if writelog would be able to send the county field
automatically... pulling over and loading the counties was not when we needed
to take a water break or dine. Or for that matter there was not a good place to
stop.

Finally if the change county screen comes up by mistake - what single key will
remove it? (not the mouse..)  same co

Mark
K5GQ