Re: [WriteLog] Writelog Packet Window popup

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog Packet Window popup
From: "John E Bastin, K8AJS" <jbastin@sssnet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:06:32 -0400
At 13:38 -0500 08_26_2003, FireBrick [WriteLog] Writelog Packet Window popup wrote:
Lately I get a little Popup when I start Writelog.
it says:
Welcome to the Writelog Packet.
Please use the File menu to select a COMM port.

As I use Telnet, I don't use a com port.
I have to click OK for the startup process to continue.

Anyway to eliminate that Pop Up and it's question?

I only get that pop-up when I have "Packet Window" checked to load on startup in whatever contest log I'm opening. If you don't want the pop-up, un-check that selection.

When that pop-up comes up, I usually go to the selection window that accompanies it and select "Telnet" which appears at the end of the list of COM ports. Then the packet window opens and I log into the cluster.

Hope this helps.

  _
 /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
 \ / Ribbon Campaign  | jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net
  X  Against HTML     |       http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs
 / \ Email!           |