[WriteLog] locked on com port ptt

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] locked on com port ptt
From: w1cx@earthlink.net (W1CX)
Date: Mon Jan 27 10:28:55 2003
In regards to the key down condition of the push to talk line when writelog is
not running, it happens on my Dell Insperion 4000 (ME) as well.

For a long time, I have had access to a means of disconnecting the ptt line.
Either I can unplug the line or have a switch in it. You can never tell what a
program may do particularly if you run a high rf power level or even a moderate
rf power level and have high swr antenna feeds in the shack. Going into beacon
mode can be embarrassing and having to reset the computer can lose your whole
log.

Loyd, w1cx