[WriteLog] Minnesota QSO Party

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Minnesota QSO Party
From: rojomn@charter.net (rojomn)
Date: Sat Jan 25 20:38:17 2003
FIRST LET ME SAY that I am NOT attacking here, just wishing and dreaming!

It is one of the problems that you have to live with using WriteLog. A large
number of the contest support modules are done by third parties and they may
or may not be up to date. I realize that the program author does not have
sufficient time to do them all but that does not make it any easier. Writing
one of these modules is a VERY tough job unless you are a very experienced
C++ AND Windows programmer since it uses COM and since the interface is not
that well documented. I have tried and am getting no place other than a
basic start.

I have said it before and will say it again, a table driven method to define
contest parameters would be highly appreciated. Even a command driven
interface like TRLOG would be nice. Lacking that only the BIG contests are
likely to be kept up to date. This is not an attack on the author and
certainly not on the module writer, just some wishful thinking.

I bet one of the highly skilled contest module writers out there could
create a module that could read a file that defined contest parameters, how
about it? It would be worth payment to get this. Of course this would assume
that an unchangeable (at least backwards compatible) interface would be
maintained by the WriteLog layer, don't know about that?