[WriteLog] CALLS STARTING WITH W RECD AS M

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CALLS STARTING WITH W RECD AS M
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:56:36 -0800 (PST)
I don't know about Writelog, but CT generates PTT (from the LPT port) one baud
(dot) before it sends any CW.  You of course need an appropriate interface like
W1WEF to output PTT to the rig.  This would prevent your relays from being in
the wrong position when RF is transmitted.

73 - Jim AD1C

--- ronsue <ronsue@attbi.com> ND5H wrote:

> I noticed a good number of stations in the 160 ARRL Contest that began with
> the letter W had that letter truncated to M.  In other words the first dit
> didn't get sent.  It became obvious that I wasn't hearing THAT many loud
> stations from England on 160.  This becomes more of a problem in the 10
> meter contest this weekend.  If your call begins with W it would be a good
> idea to have a buddy check out your xmission.  Someone more knowledgeable
> than I can specify what to set for a brief delay prior to xmission.

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC