[WriteLog] W5XD keyer - Cable configuration solution for 756PRO and Mark

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD keyer - Cable configuration solution for 756PRO and Mark V
From: cahrens@packetx.net (Cliff Ahrens)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:40:38 -0600
Thanks to excellent help from Wayne W5XD, Mike WA0SXV, and Bob N5NJ, I'm
getting CW output to the Yaesu Mark V and the Icom 756PRO.  I wired up a
custom cable suggested by WA0SXV, and it solved the problem.  Here's the
WA0SXV cable configuration (works on both the PRO and the Mark V).

Tip on keyer goes to tip on back panel key jack on the PRO.  Ring on keyer
goes to ground on the PRO phone plug.  Ground on the keyer goes to nowhere.

Thanks again to Mike, Wayne and Bob for their help!

73, Cliff  K0CA