[WriteLog] AA5AU FSK interface question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AA5AU FSK interface question
From: cfmorris@bellsouth.net (cfmorris@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:22:43 -0500
Don et al,

Building your interface today to tinker with this weekend, and bought the
little project box and all.  My question, that I want to make certain before I
burn something up is, the connection to the db9 pin 5, which is ground.  Is
that wire also connected to the shield of the RCA jack (ground) to the FSK jack
on the back of the radio?  IE: db9 pin 7 to base, db9 pin 5 to emitter and
shield of fsk jack, and collector of transistor to center of rca jack for
positive on fsk keyer?  Is this correct, or do i leave the shield floating and
pickup ground through the radio?

Just want to make sure before I burn something up.

Charlie
KI5XP