[WriteLog] ptt and rig control

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ptt and rig control
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:20:14 -0500
> Ok here's the setup:  i built a cw + ci-v
> interface which i have connected to LPT1
> and COM4 respectively.  I also have COM1
> connected to a sound card interface,
> primarily just for PTT control.
>
> I setup WL to use com4 for rig control and
> it seems to work fine -- frequency is read
> and i can change modes, etc just fine.  But
> when i tell WL to use com1 for PTT (by
> checking the "rig" box for com1 also and then
> setting PTT to "Yes" -- then the rig just
> keys up 100% of the time and won't let go.

Steve, it doesn't work that way.  When you check the RIG box and set PTT =
YES, you are telling WL to do PTT via CAT control - which you have on COM 4.
If you want PTT on com 1, you need to indicate that you want PTT on RTS on
the com port.  If you check RIG on COM1, WL expects to be doing CAT rig
control - read freq etc.