[WriteLog] Writelog Crash on Start Solved(?)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog Crash on Start Solved(?)
From: ab2e@hotmail.com (Darrell Neron)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 14:09:14 -0400
HI Everyone,
Thanks for the suggestions for solving the crash on start problem. A couple
of you suggested reinstalling some of the system files, or use SFC to
troubleshoot. I tried both of these but the crash still persisted. The first
type of crash was the screen would blank (black) and a total system lock.
The second type was the familiar blue screen, with a "page fault occurred
at" error.

Here is what worked for me, and may be the source of trouble. Since the last
time I had run Writelog, I installed 2 programs, Zone Alarm Pro, and also a
freeware called Weatherbug. Both programs put icons in the system tray to
the right of the screen.

I found that by shutting down the tray icons for those 2 programs, Writelog
now works fine. The lesson is, shut any and all unnecessary programs from
the system tray. Likely there is another program grabbing the same software
address as part of Writelog.

Writelog worked all weekend in PAQP, and I used the same procedure each time
I booted up. It worked fine every time.

Thanks and 73
Darrell AB2E