[WriteLog] Re: Finding a Callsign in Writelog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Finding a Callsign in Writelog
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 09:51:27 EDT
Hey, Geo.  I'm trying to find a callsign in in a Writelog log and I can't get
it to work.  I get the callsign search box, enter the callsign, pick the log
I want to look in, hit the button, and nada.  No box shows up and the call is
not found in the log.  Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Fred, Very Interesting!  I never knew about this feature, but it works for
me.

Here is what I did:

1.) In menu FILE I FIND CALLSIGN IN FILES:
       enter desired callsign
       select SEARCH FOR EXACT CALLSIGN or
       select SERACH FOR PARTIAL CALLSIGN
       click SEARCH
       this brings up a window "CHOOSE THE FILE TO SARCH"  [note the spelling
error - Wayne, I am using WL 10.33C.  You might want to correct the spelling
error in the next release...geo]

2.) From Browse box, select a *.wl file

3.) Immediately [and I do mean immediate!] upon selecting a file, a NO MATCH
window will pop up, or a  QSO SEARCH window will pop up with the found
callsign.

In the QSO SEARCH window, hitting NEXT will identify additional contacts with
that station in that log.

Wow, what a neat feature!

73, Geo...
George I. Wagner, K5KG