[WriteLog] Cw after RTTY

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Cw after RTTY
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 22:19:08 -0500
--=====================_392185312==_.ALT

At 21:55 10/3/2001, w9hly@decaturnet.com wrote:
>Maybe slightly off topic. . . .
>
>After configuring successfully the WriteLog/MMTTY combo I now
>want to set WriteLog for a simple CW contest. However, I am NOT
>able to configure the CW format without the Rittyrite and MMTTY
>Control panel windows popping up. I have to delete Rittyrite which
>terminates the MMTTY Control panel and things behave as I like.
>
>What is the trick to forgo the step to terminate the unwanted
>windows?

Unfortunately, that is what you must do. It remembers those in the ini file
and if that is what you last used, that is what you get. This is one poor
design of this program. It should be in the contest file.

Once you get it the way you want it to be do a setup/save configuration and
then save the contest file.
It will come up the way it is the next time BUT when you now load the RTTY
contest again, the rtty windows are gone and you have to do this again.
I hope this is fixed one day. It is extremely annoying.

>Spent about 6 hours today reading, hunting and pecking without
>success.
>
>Vern

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_392185312==_.ALT

At 21:55 10/3/2001, w9hly@decaturnet.com wrote:<br>
.<br><br>
After configuring successfully the WriteLog/MMTTY combo I now <br>
want to set WriteLog for a simple CW contest. However, I am NOT <br>
able to configure the CW format without the Rittyrite and MMTTY <br>
Control panel windows popping up. I have to delete Rittyrite which <br>
terminates the MMTTY Control panel and things behave as I like.<br><br>
What is the trick to forgo the step to terminate the unwanted <br>
Unfortunately, that is what you must do. It remembers those in the ini
file and if that is what you last used, that is what you get. This is one
poor design of this program. It should be in the contest file.<br><br>
Once you get it the way you want it to be do a setup/save configuration
and then save the contest file.<br>
It will come up the way it is the next time BUT when you now load the
RTTY contest again, the rtty windows are gone and you have to do this
again.<br>
I hope this is fixed one day. It is extremely annoying.<br><br>
hunting and pecking without <br>
success.<br><br>
Vern<br><br>