[WriteLog] Comm Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Comm Ports
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:50:05 -0500
--=====================_11862687==_.ALT

To all that replied.
Thanks and the question has been answered and I have sent my order for the
program. I guess I may be on the list more often now.

Now I hope to get the code soon. I thought it was instant but I can wait a bit.

Thanks for all.
At 09:34 AM 9/21/2001, Scot Herrick wrote:
>Hi Gil,
>
>There are additional entries in the WriteLog.ini file to allow support for
>higher numbered Com Ports. From the Help file (Help|Index|PORTS) it says:
>
>The COMn:= settings are used by the WriteLog Packet window and by the RTTY
>window. They are not used for rig control.
>COM1:=9800,n,8,1,
>COM2:=4800,e,7,1,
>
>There are 4 "slots" available for WriteLog rig interfacing. By default,
>CommSlot1 is COM1:, but you can change that by changing the number on the
>right of the equal sign. These settings are not used for RTTY or for packet
>
>CommSlot1=1
>CommSlot2=2
>
>In this example, the third and fourth slots are on COM7 and COM8. COM15 is
>as high as is supported.
>CommSlot3=7
>CommSlot4=8
>
>Hope this helps...
>
>CU...Scot, K9JY
>
>K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
><http://www.k9jy.com/>http://www.k9jy.com
>mailto:scot@k9jy.com
>
>I was reading the PDF manual and have a question. It seems that it only
>supports COMM 1-4?
>Is that true? I MUST use higher numbered prots on my machine as the other
>are tied up with programs that do not support higher ports.

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
44:04.925 N 92:30.758 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_11862687==_.ALT

To all that replied.<br>
Thanks and the question has been answered and I have sent my order for
the program. I guess I may be on the list more often now.<br><br>
Now I hope to get the code soon. I thought it was instant but I can wait
a bit.<br><br>
Thanks for all.<br>
At 09:34 AM 9/21/2001, Scot Herrick wrote:<br>
&nbsp;<br>
There are additional entries in the WriteLog.ini file to allow support
for higher numbered Com Ports. From the Help file (Help|Index|PORTS) it
says:<br>
&nbsp;<br>
The COMn:= settings are used by the WriteLog Packet window and by the
RTTY window. They are not used for rig control.<br>
COM1:=9800,n,8,1,<br>
COM2:=4800,e,7,1,<br>
&nbsp;<br>
There are 4 &quot;slots&quot; available for WriteLog rig interfacing. By
default, CommSlot1 is COM1:, but you can change that by changing the
number on the right of the equal sign. These settings are not used for
RTTY or for packet<br>
&nbsp;<br>
CommSlot1=1<br>
CommSlot2=2<br>
&nbsp;<br>
In this example, the third and fourth slots are on COM7 and COM8. COM15
is as high as is supported.<br>
CommSlot3=7<br>
CommSlot4=8<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Hope this helps...<br>
&nbsp;<br>
CU...Scot, K9JY<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<dd>&nbsp;
<dd>I was reading the PDF manual and have a question. It seems that it
only supports COMM 1-4?
<dd>Is that true? I MUST use higher numbered prots on my machine as the
other are tied up with programs that do not support higher
ports.</blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>

</dl><font face="Courier New, Courier">Gil Baron
eudora="autourl">http://members.home.com/gbaron</a><br>
44:04.925 N 92:30.758 W 1055'<br>
&quot;Baila como nadie te ve&quot; <br>