[WriteLog] We want to write the exchange only when necessary

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] We want to write the exchange only when necessary
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 18:23:27 -0500
Hello Fabio - Here's one way to do it:

Contest|Exchange Format Setup

Do you want to initialize all fields? - NO

Then UNcheck the ZN (zone) box for PROMPT.

Then SAVE

Then OK

Now ZONE doesn't even appear in the ENTRY window.  However, the zone -will-
be logged, and you will see it in the log window.  You can then edit it if
you wish.  I thought there was a setting in the Exchange Parameter Setup
that let you choose to DISPLAY the parameter in the Entry window, but SPACE
bar would SKIP over it, e.g. you would enter the call and hhit space and it
would skip over the zone.  Right this instant though, I don't see how to do
it that way.

Good luck - I will just hit the space bar, I think.  HI  73