[WriteLog] Filters for two rigs and contesting

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Filters for two rigs and contesting
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 21:45:49 -0500
Vince,

I use a pair (one on each rig) of Dunestar 600 bandpass
filters here. ICE makes a similar unit.

I use Top Ten Decoders to automatically switch the
units (and other devices) here.

There's a new player W3NQF (?) who offers what may
be the best bandpass filters, but the price point is going
to be higher than the Dunestar or ICE units. I think that
WX0B is the only source for these units at the moment.

That helps ... other options would be stubs, in some cases
it may take bandpass filters AND stubs.

For example, using tribanders makes keeping the cross
band "mush" harder.

Hope this helps and gets you started. It's work, but worth it.

73 Billy AA4NU