[WriteLog] DVK and PTT

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DVK and PTT
From: don.wsixffh@verizon.net (Donald Eriksen)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 22:46:36 -0700
I think your good question got lost in the "cut numbers" disCUSSssion,
Arliss.
It's a legitament question for anyone using an antenna mounted preamp
needing a true PTT signal to operate a sequencer to protect the amp. I would
like to get an answer for that myself.

Anyone out there know the answer? Two things are death to preamps, one is
VOX and the other at least on my 1000D radio, is the antenna tuner button.
I've gotten around the tuner problem with a mechanical "idiot" device that
requires the preamp to be switched out of the feed line before the tuner
button can be pressed. VOX is another matter.

If you do get an answer, please let me know.
Thanks, 73
don.wsixffh@verizon.net