[WriteLog] Soundcard

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundcard
From: Vine Antennas" <vine@csma-netlink.co.uk (Ron Stone, Vine Antennas)
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 12:38:14 +0100
Hello Guys

I must be doing something infinitely stupid here. Maybe if someone else
had a look at my problem, they would say "Do that! - It's easy".

I'm trying to get two-radio going using WL. Should be easy. Well, I have
got each comport on my PC talking to the radios fine. No sweat. My
difficulties are with the soundcard setup. I've read the documentation
that comes with the card, and the WL help files, but I am still stuck.

The soundcard is a Creative Blaster AWE64. There are four jacks to the
outside world, marked LINE IN - MIC IN - LINE OUT LEFT - LINE OUT RIGHT

When I receive RTTY with one radio, it makes no difference which jack
(LINE IN or MIC IN) I connect. The receive audio comes from the radio
and into the PC. Similarly with TX, it does not matter if I use the left
or right line out. The radio still gets audio for AFSK.

Now it is going to be pretty hard to run two radio if I cannot split the
inputs and outputs, for left and right.

It should be easy to go it. So - can anyone help pse?

73

Ron
Check out these new products -- INRAD Filters and Prosistel Rotators.
See our site http://www.vinecom.co.uk

Ron Stone,
Vine Antenna Products,
The Vine,