[WriteLog] Re: SCC RTTY rules propossal

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: SCC RTTY rules propossal
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 20:32:05 -0600
The rules look good to me except the band change limits.  I'm curious why all
the interest in
limiting band changes for single ops?  This doesn't seem like a good idea.
Instead of
discouraging SO2R with this rule, you should add an unlimited single operator
category
that has no band change restrictions and allowed to use the Packetcluster.
That way
SO2R operators can run at will and not disadvantage single radio operators.  If
I can only
make 10 band changes using my other radio and be burdened with the unfamiliar
task of
keeping track of band changes, I'd probably do better fishing that weekend.

Limiting band changes for single operators is a bad idea altogether.  This also
discourages
moving multipliers from band to band to band to maximize multipliers.  Keeping
track of
these band changes has got to be a nightmare, even with just a single radio.

I hope the fish are biting that weekend.

73, Don AA5AU