[WriteLog] Re: Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Ports
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (Ed Sleight)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:46:26 +0000
I hope this is not out of line, but ports seems to be a major problem.
So..

I have a Quickpath Port-Folio 450/550E ISA card which I will sell for
$75 plus say $3 shipping. 16C552 UARTS

This card has 2 printer ports, 4 comm ports, a game port, an IDE
controller and 2 floppy port controllers. Configuration is by jumpers
and any single item can be enabled or disabled.

Won't bother with the game port or HD or floppy parts since they are all
disabled.

But for the comm and printer ports, the following applies.

Any port may be disabled. The 2 LPT ports use the standard 0378H and
0278H
addresses and are selectable as either IRQ 5 or 7.

Comms 1 and 2 can use either IRQ 3 or 4. Comms 3 and 4 can use either
O3E8H or 02E8H. Comm 3 can be set to IRQs 3,4,5,9,10 or 11. Comm 4 can
be set to use IRQs 3,4,5,9,12, or 15.

Again, this is an ISA card.

Please reply to me if interested.

73