[WriteLog] Creative Labs Audio PCI 128-bit PCI Sound Card - only $17

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Creative Labs Audio PCI 128-bit PCI Sound Card - only $17
From: Rick.Commo@verizon.net (Rick Commo)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:43:42 -0800
I just put one into a new WIn2K machine that I built up for the shack.  It
seems to be working OK with TrueTTY, Spectrogram, Stream and DigiPan, but I
haven't tried it specifically with WriteLog yet.

A couple of things to note.

(1) The PCI128 has two LINE outputs, but no speaker outputs, so you will
have to use amplified speakers.  I had a set of amplified speakers, but they
were low-Z and swamped the output of the PCI128.

(2) I fed the PCI128 from the "Audio Out" jack of the FT-920.  This is
essentially a LINE out with a max of 100mV.  The PC128 seem less sensitive
than my old PCI16.  However since I tore everything down to make all the
changes there maybe a miswire somewhere causing the problem.

73s,
-ricK7log