[WriteLog] Hal P38 & Squelch

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Hal P38 & Squelch
From: aa5au@msn.com (Don Hill)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 21:53:12 -0600
You can do the same thing using WriteLog's RTTY Receive tuning indicator.
Feed audio to your sound card.  Go to Radio menu and choose 2 radios.
Make the 1st "radio" entry screen the "R"ight radio, make the 2nd "radio"
entry screen the "L"eft radio (WriteLog defaults to Left channel is only one
used).

With the cursor in the "L"eft radio entry window, open up another RTTY window
and choose Sound board as your TNC.  Now you can copy RTTY in two screens
and when one misses a character, the other usually picks it up.

Of course, WriteLog must be setup to use a soundcard by going to the
Setup menu and choosing "Ports" and checking off "Windows sound board"
as DVK (even though you aren't actually using a voice keyer).

It works great.  You then can use WriteLog's RTTY Receiver tuning indicator
which is the most accurate I've ever seen AND you have two RTTY screens
and the option to use the Wide Band Decoder in the soundcard RTTY window.

73, Don AA5AU