FW: [WriteLog] QTC's in WriteLog SSB

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [WriteLog] QTC's in WriteLog SSB
From: sherrick@ameritech.net (Scot Herrick)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 22:55:42 -0000
All,

Attached from Lin is the definitive answer (which I forwarded to the
reflector without permission, but I don't see anything but good stuff in
it..).

The difference in what Lin talks to here and my set up was that I never
removed the DVD from the port set up so I could send it with my voice and
not the WAV files. So I would hit the 'xmit QTC' button and would get the
WAV recording which I didn't want. If I would have removed the DVD from the
port set up, I would have had the 'x' on the log and properly recorded QTC's
in the log. And the program would have then moved me forward with the next
set of (10) QSO's to provide in the next QTC.

Obviously the automatic sending of the QTC's with WAV or CW or RTTY is a
very good feature; I just didn't have the right stuff to automate it with
SSB.

Some others also replied to me with the WAV file problem as I had; the
answer is not to have the DVD set up in the ports section.

Thanks...Scot, K9JY

mailto:scot@k9jy.com
www.k9jy.com