[WriteLog] Networks

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Networks
From: benko@aztek-eng.com (Larry Benko)
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 13:39:54 -0600
Ditto for me.  I also was concerned as I have a 100baseT twisted
pair network in my house.  I put up a 20m dipole in the basement,
parallel to and about 6 ft. away from the Cat5 cable.  Measured
a huge file transfer (600MB).  Then transmitted into the dipole
with 100w and again did the same file transfer.  Exact same times.
And yes I flushed the disk caches in order for the tests to be
fair.  So I would say use good quality cable for the network and
don't worry.

73,
Larry Benko, W0QE