[WriteLog] Packet

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Packet
From: w5xd@alum.mit.edu (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 02:30:10 -0000
If you change the COM4:=1200,n,8,1x to COM8:=1200,n,8,1,x it
will likely start working.

The "slot" setup only affects the features you see in the Setup Ports...
dialog box. The TNC setup for packet is separate.

The "n" is no parity ("e" and "o" are also options) and the "x"
affects flow control. Recent versions of WL ignore the absence
or presence of the "x" because there appear to be no TNCs
that need or support flow control handshaking and getting
the port setup wrong makes the software quit working
and randome times. The parity setting IS honored by WL,
however, because some TNCs do demand parity checking.

Wayne