[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night
From: Donald Fox via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 16:32:54 +0000 (UTC)
Worked 5 stations again from EM79 this week. Was hoping to make it 6.
I keep hearing about these "Chicago" folks that come around a bit later, but
don't see the on the chat page, or hear them on/around .100.

K9MRI, WA3EOQ, AA9MY, K8TQK, and KC4AAW.

KC4AAW was a new grid, EM85, for me on 222. AJ6T is 250 miles south of me, yet
we've only worked 1 time on a squeaker CW contact. SSB mode between Walt and I
seems like a lost cause. This is puzzling, because I regularly work 300 miles
on SSB. K9MRI seems to hear Walt more often than not, and Joe is another 100
miles north of me here. Must be an RF black hole between Walt and I.

Don N8ECH