[VHFcontesting] Submit your log

To: vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Submit your log
From: Rick R <rick1ds@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 17:37:42 +0000
Having authored the contest results articles for QST the VHF, EME and 10GHz& Up
contests for many years, I strongly encourage everyone to submit their logs, no
matter how small or incomplete or error-laden. It is the only measure of
activity. For many years, looking at logs, it is clear that less than 50% of
participants submit them to the league. As an example, a station makes 1000
QSOs on 6m (this has happened many times prior to FT8). The logs received show
that only 500 had activity on 6m. If we don't see large numbers of
participants, the result is a domino effect—fewer participants next time, less
logs submitted, until VHF contesting is in a death spiral. Please spread the
word, assist others to submit, increase contest participation, and for our own
sakes, return to the use of analog modes including SSB, CW and FM.  73, Rick
K1DS