Re: [VHFcontesting] to too two-t u

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] to too two-t u
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 10:42:07 -0500
Years ago I built a 222 transverter designed by W1VT (a no-tune transverter
that uses hairpin filters). I've been using that for a long time, but I
have no antenna at home on that band. My operating has been limited to
hilltops. Right now I'm working on building the W1GHZ 222 transverter. I
think it may be better than the one I have.

73, Zack W9SZ

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 10:20 AM Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

> As a non-222 op here, I have to give Dave, K1WHS very high marks for
> keeping
> me reading his 222 comments a few times a week and obviously having a good
> influence on keeping activity high and maybe creating  a few more 222 (HP!)
> operators in the process. Your outlook is infectious.
>

> His very tempting offer of a "500 MHz transverter" almost had me sending
> Dave a private email.
>

> Sadly, I was in a bit of an accident 3+ weeks ago and am still on crutches
> but slowly on the mend. So, no chance to build or install an antenna til
> next summer. About the only time I am on 2m is when there is an extremely
> rare tropo event. (hey, we're hundreds of kms even farther into the
> hinterlands compared to Mumbo Jumbo land)
>

> Keep up the great work Dave. I love your humour and enthusiasm.
>

> Mike VE9AA FN66..2m/6m CW/SSB only.(+ all the lower HF bands, hi)
>

> CU in CQWW SSB this w/e I hope - some of you!
>

> Keswick Ridge, NB

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>