Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 222 Activity night

To: newsvhf@mailman.qth.net, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 222 Activity night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 09:11:14 -0400
I had fun too, but was relegated to my fixed yagi that just aimed SW at 220 degrees .I think I worked just about everyone that Good Buddy Ron WZ1V worked except for K3SK in FM07. That is a big stretch for me at 575 miles or so.  WW1Z made it into my log as well.  Activity was a bit light and I quit about 8:30 PM with hopes of working on fixing my yagis in my shop, but when I got back home, I was too tired and hit the sack.  Tower work and log splitting will do that to you apparently.  The antenna repairs are coming along nicely.

Conditions seemed rather poor, but not having the rotatable array with all that gain will give you that impression.

I am hoping to be on 432 tonight for the 432 Sprint.   THe Hepburn map shows some great local conditions, but any really long distance DX is now less likely. Still, with plenty of activity, maybe a few neat contacts will be made.

Dave K1WHS