Re: [VHFcontesting] Dave, K1WHS, antenna damage.

To: tholmes@woh.rr.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Dave, K1WHS, antenna damage.
From: "k8bb@comcast.net" <k8bb@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 21:32:07 -0400

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 2, 2023, at 9:23 PM, tholmes@woh.rr.com wrote:

Cue the Twilight Zone theme...

Tom, N8ZM

-----Original Message-----
From: VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting-bounces+tholmes=woh.rr.com@contesting.com>
On Behalf Of Doug Allen
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2023 9:11 PM
To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Dave, K1WHS, antenna damage.

Dave, sorry to hear of your strange antenna loss. I  had a weird, but much
less costly, antenna loss last year and haven't mentioned it to anyone
because it's so strange. For the past 7 years, I have been TV DXing and had
mainly TV antennas on one of my 66' Rohn towers.  I had a 10 el
Antennacraft VHF-HI (ch 7-13) at the very top.  One day I tried using it,
and NADA.  I sighed, thinking, I'd have to take the rotor out and let down
the 16' mast by loosening or removing the six lower antennas on the mast in
order to reconnect the coax to the top antenna. I went outside and looked
up. No antenna at the top.  I looked at the base of the tower, on the roof,
all around my one acre lot and no antenna!  Being a flimsy TV antenna, it
would have suffered catastrophic damage falling 80 feet, so I very much
doubt it fell and someone stole it.  I have absolutely no clue as to what
could possibly have happened to it or what happened to your 222 EME array.
Doug K4LY