[VHFcontesting] ARRL 10 GHz WZ1V

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] ARRL 10 GHz WZ1V
From: "Ron Klimas WZ1V" <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 12:05:23 -0400
ARRL 10 GHz and Up Contest - 2023

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V
Class: 10G Only
QTH: CT-EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

10G: 34 5406
24G:
47G:
75G:
123G:
134G:
241G:
Light:
-------------------------------------
Total: 34 5406 Total Score = 8,006

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:
1st weekend operated Saturday only FN42AD, 20 Q's best DX 342 km.
Dish blew over got twisted out of alignment, but soldiered on.
Nice group there with N1DPM, AA1I, K1MAP and KC1V.

2nd weekend Sunday only solo FN31RG, 14 Q's best DX 238 km.
Learned my lesson, now use a counterweight on tripod.
Not bad for a limited effort with 2W to 18 in offset dish.
This year I upgraded to a 36 AH LiFePo4 battery,
voltage stays above 13V all day.

73 Ron WZ1V