[VHFcontesting] Gee....I wonder what there is to do on a Tuesday night?

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Gee....I wonder what there is to do on a Tuesday night?
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 08:41:22 -0400
You know the feeling. Life has been good to you. Your meth lab has been cranking out product and you are rolling in cash. Your Smartphone has been keeping you in touch with all your 17,452 friends, and you are worn out from texting them all about how wonderful your dinner looked at Taco Bell last night.   Boredom has set in. The Ho Hum Blahs are upon you. You need some excitement in your life. You are craving for something new.  I would suggest that you turn on your 222 MHz rig and get in on the excitement that always comes from a night of unbridled mayhem on 222 MHz.  After all it is Tuesday and every  VHFer should know by now that Tuesday night is a code word that instructs you to fire up that 222 Mhz rig and make some noise.

I don't know about you, but I am craving contacts on the band, especially now, after hearing about our midwest and western NY friends working tropo day and night for the last two weeks straight!  I want to get in on the action....any action. I will be on 222.100 starting at about 22:30, and hope to work as many 222 fanatics as is humanly possible. Over the past weeks, there have been so many tropo sessions for some folks that they are probably worn out, but us yokels up here in the pine forests of northern New England caught very little of the action. I really had one evening and the following morning up to about 9 AM. VE3DS and his buddies in the Toronto area must be sick of hearing loud signals on the band. They were so busy, that at one point I understand that they were telling callers to take a number and they would notify them when their time slot was open.  I hope they appear this evening and they can sprinkle magic DX water on us to conjure up some more tropo. They obviously have the gift!

The weather looks pretty good across most of the country. Some rain is located from Oklahoma City northward up into the Dakotas, but it looks pretty benign.  East of there it is beautiful weather everywhere.  The action starts after dinner and can continue for a few hours. Many folks use the ON4KST Chat page for liaison and setting up long haul skeds.  Use the 144/432 Region 2 Chat.   I will be on and exercising my 500 watt solid state amp starting around 22:30 UT.  Conditions are the best of the year around now. It is also a good evening to check out your gear before the big September VHF Contest this coming weekend.  I hope to work a bunch of folks tonight. If you are busy, just get on for  a few minutes. The more, the merrier!!

73

Dave K1WHS