Re: [VHFcontesting] Start shining up your VHF antenna elements.

To: "'David Olean'" <k1whs@metrocast.net>, <222Activity@groups.io>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Start shining up your VHF antenna elements.
From: <k3sk@buckwalter.co>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 12:35:17 -0400
Dave,

This is by far the worst news I could have received today.   I had a blast
during the last opening, and I was one of the ones that boosted state totals on
several bands.   I have been watching the predictions closely hoping for
another great time.  However, this coming weekend (Thursday eve thru Sun
afternoon) I will be away from home attending the Shelby Hamfest.

But for the rest of you, don't despair.  It won't be the first time I don't end
up in your log.  Some of the most fabulous band openings since I became a ham
way back in the last century have occurred while I was away from the shack and
any radio equipment.

de K3SK
FM07th  VA