[VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Activity Night

To: Paul Wade W1GHZ <w1ghz.q@gmail.com>, NEWS VHF Reflector <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>, "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Activity Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 10:33:23 -0400
Hey! It is TUESDAY.  Please make an effort to appear on 222 MHz if even for a short while. The idea is to get on and make some RF noise and show that the 222 MHz band is alive and well.  Life can get hectic these days, as Paul has recounted.  There is nothing much worse than leaking pipes and unscheduled running water inside your house.

I will be on 222 MHz starting just before 23:00 UT or 7 PM local time. I monitor ON4KST Chat page (144/432 Region 2) Generally the local actvity occirs between 2300 and 0100 UT and after that is a good time to try a meteor scatter sked and see if you can make a real fantastic contact beyond your normal limits.  Last week, N1BUG worked K9MRI at 880 miles. Having the longest QSO of the evening made him the recipient of the fully equipped bass boat and trailer that is awarded to the person who makes the longest contact. Now we all know it takes two to make a contact, so the prize is shared by both winners. I think K9MRI got the trailer and Bugsy N1BUG got the boat.

We had a lot of rain here, but not as much as in Vermont or western NH.  I am hoping the road up to my shack is OK.

I also got a comment from Terry at Directive Systems and he says that 222 yagis are just about flying off the shelves. Really, he did note that sales activity with 222 is up a bit.

Dave K1WHS