Re: [VHFcontesting] [222Activity] 222 Activity Night

To: Dave Buckwalter - K3SK <k3sk@buckwalter.co>, 222Activity@groups.io, vhfcontesting@contesting.com, NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [222Activity] 222 Activity Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 21:50:47 -0400
Hello Dave

I listened for you on FT8, but no luck. The long paths were not really good this evening, but it was QSB  I am sure. WA3EOQ was very weak when we worked. I had to strain to copy his CW, but then he peaked up Q5 and about S2 right after our QSO when he worked WA3NUF! KO4YC was worked but signals were not as loud as many nights. VE3DS out in Toronto was weak at about 539-549 at best. Many stations did seem loud at somehat closer distances. W1XR at 412 miles peaked an honest S8!  I am hoping that we eventually can work without having to use the Moon as a passive reflector.

Good luck at Dayton!

73

Dave K1WHS