Re: [VHFcontesting] [222Activity] 222 Sprint tonight

To: Terry Price - W8ZN <terry@directivesystems.com>, 222Activity@groups.io, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [222Activity] 222 Sprint tonight
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 08:57:55 -0400
Hi Terry & 222 fans,

I will look for you on 222 MHz this evening. Last week I had the converted 500 watt solid state amp on line and ran on solar power. This evening I will be back with the venerable toob amplifier and hope to get a contact with you with your single yagi. (I received your package on Monday. btw)

I am all fired up after spending the weekend at the combined Microwave Update and NEVHF Conference at Windsor Locks, CT.  The microwave presentations were fantastic and well attended.  A big Thank you to the conference committee who did a fantastic job. W1GHZ K1MAP and the whole crew put on a well oiled conference and looked happy and relaxed even while pulling it off!  Thank you very much to the committee for all they did to make the conference a rousing success. On my drive home I fashioned an invisibility cloak around my truck to avoid any speeding violations.

AND  remember that this evening is 222 SPRINT Nite.  This is your chance to fire up your gear and try to work the multitude of 222 ops who will be on for the 222 Sprint.  In past weeks the activity level has been high, so I am hoping to see QSO totals up in the stratosphere in those areas that have lots of stations active. I am hoping to hear many Packrats in Philly too.  In case you were not paying attention, there is some very serious activity all over the midwest from Ohio out past Chicago and down to the TN area.

I will be on before 23:00 UT.  I know that ON4KST  Chat will be very busy, so I will look for Qs up around 222.130 when I am CQing.  I am hoping that I can connect up with Howard WA3EOQ in FM09 to keep our string of successful contacts intact. We have not missed yet over the winter months at 502 miles!  I am still shaking my head over that one. 222 is THE band.

73

Dave K1WHS