Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Activity Night February 21.

To: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>, "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Activity Night February 21.
From: peter h via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 15:58:11 +0000 (UTC)

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Monday, February 20, 2023, 16:12, David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net> wrote:

Today was absolutely beautiful with temperatures in the high 40s and the
snow is merrily melting away. But for the mud, it is possible to drive
up to my VHF ham shack.  So tomorrow, Tuesday Feb 21/22 UT is 222 MHz
Activity Night.  My weather report has just gone down the drain and bad
weather is predicted. At first, I saw 6" of snow forecast for the day
and evening, but that has been modified to some snow only after about
5PM. I am hoping that I can make my way up the hill and enjoy a fine
evening of VHF QSOs, rag chews, and DX attempts.  With snow, I might get
snow static and have it turn into a horror show,  but I am going to try
anyway. The real bad weather is slated for after Tuesday, so I guess I
am dodging a bullet.

Most folks show up starting at 00:00 UT and the fun goes for two hours
or more depending on conditions, football games, the Circus, and
possibly Opera events. There is no telling what might pull a 222 addict
away from his or her radio.  If you are new to the event, a bunch of
folks use the ON4KST Chat pages (144/432 Region 2)  but other areas of
the country might use different options.  I like the ON4KST page as I
can alert stations far away that I am looking their way and we can
coordinate our beam headings.

Depending on the weather, I am hoping to be QRV on 222.100 a bit before
00:00 UT or 7 PM EST.  I hope to see many stations on the air again this
week!

73

Dave K1WHS

DON'T FORGET! Tuesday 21/22 Feb, 2023, 222.100