Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 222 Activity night

To: wz1v@sbcglobal.net, newsvhf@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 222 Activity night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 21:59:59 -0400
Wow! That is great, Ron.  Things must have been hopping for sure. I quit a tad before 7:30 PM and headed home for the Zoom meeting. It went very well, and I was very surprised and pleased to see Terry W0VB in the Zoom audience. Terry is 220 MHz WAS #1. Also had N9HF in attendance, so it was almost Old Home Week!

I did manage to work Howard, WA3EOQ on CW with pretty fair signals and also N1JEZ, WB2SIH, W1LE, and W9KXI in addition to yourself!  I am really sorry I had to quit early, but the radio talk went well. I discussed antenna stacking and specifically how to stack many different VHF antennas on the same mast. The question and answer period shortly evolved into minimum requirements for digital EME. I am not the guy to answer that, but suggested two yagis and 500 watts on 144 as a good starting point so that you could have some fun.  There were some old hands at VHF along with new hams who only have their shack on a belt so far, so it was a diverse audience!

Hopefully I can make 432 on Wednesday night. I have removed several beverage antennas as this week I am having a construction company come to repair my woods road up to the shack. The truck bounces around so much now that my fillings fall out!  They will smooth it out some I hope.

73

Dave K1WHS