[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint K1DY

To: VHF Contest Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint K1DY
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 15:12:53 +0000
Hi all, Not a bad night. Folks were saying how bad conditions were but I didn't
find it to be that bad. Certainly a real slow but deep QSB slowed down a few
qso's but, hey, if it was EASY we'd be doing something else, right?

Anyway I worked the first hour, and then again most of the 9-10 hour (had to
get on at 9 because Jeff, K1TEO, was "pulling a K1DY"). I worked 13 QSO's in 9
grids. Best DX was Al W9KXI in FN12 at 422 miles, next was Andy N2NT in FN20 at
402 mi. Spent most of that last hour trying with W1GHZ, in FN34. We both heard
each other but just not enough for a QSO. QSB was SEVERE at that time! Sorry
Paul!

All contacts on SSB and CW no FT8. Thanks to sponsors and all who got on!

bill, K1DY FN54JQ, central Maine